https://taonadesigns.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/logowhite600-e1415859701321.png 0 0 Taona https://taonadesigns.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/logowhite600-e1415859701321.png Taona2017-01-09 08:58:392017-01-09 09:00:24Mail Mac Email Configuration
Zoho Mail in Mac Mail Client
For best results, ensure that you have a good internet connection when you configure the account.
- Make sure that IMAP Access is enabled in the Zoho Mail interface. (Login to www.zoho.com/mail >> Settings >> POP/ IMAP and Email Forwarding >> Enable IMAP Access)
- Open your Mac Mail application.
- Select Mail >> Accounts >> Click the + icon in the bottom right, to add a new account.
- Choose Add Other Mail Account, skipping the default options provided.
- Specify your preferred Display Name, Email Address of your account in Zoho and your password.
- Click Create. Apple Mail will try to auto-discover the settings for your account.
- Click ‘Next’ to provide the configurations details manually.
- Select IMAP for Account Type. Provide the following details for Incoming Mail Server Info:
- Mail Server: imap.zoho.com for personal users, imappro.zoho.com for organization users who have their domains hosted with Zoho Mail.
- User Name: Your complete email address ([email protected] for domains hosted with Zoho and [email protected] for personal users )
- Password: Zoho Password (You may require Application Specific password if Two Factor Authentication is enabled for your account.)
- Apple Mail verifies the account details and maps the Incoming server details for the account.
- Click Next to configure the Outgoing Mail Server Info for the account.
- Provide the following details for Outgoing Server Info:
- The account will get created based on the server details provided. The folders and the emails in the account will be synced with the Mac Mail client.
- In case you get authentication errors, check your IMAP Status. If IMAP Status is disabled, Enable IMAP and try again.
- Check if you have Two Factor Authentication turned on. (accounts.zoho.com >> Two Factor Authentication) . Generate and use Application Specific Password, for TFA enabled accounts
- In case you are a part of an organization, the administrator may have restricted access via IMAP to your account. Contact your email administrator for details.
- Often connection errors happen when the server details are incorrect.
- Check if the Incoming and SMTP Server names are correct.
- Check if SSL is turned on for Incoming Server and the port number is 993. Mail >> Preferences >> Accounts
- Check if SSL is turned on for the SMTP server, Authentication is checked and the port number is 465. Mail >> Preferences >> Accounts >> Edit SMTP Server list.